How to Reduce Stress During Sexy Times
No one can be cool all the time, it’s a fact. There will be many things that will bring different stresses to our lives. However, no matter what those things are, we can find ways to deal with it. And, there’s also ways to reduce stress during sexy times… or even better, eliminate it altogether.
So, let’s look at which are the main culprits behind those stresses and how to deal with them… step by step.
How to Reduce Stress During Sexy Times – The Quiet Culprits
Stress, the Enemy that Comes from Within
Do you have to deal with anxiety and/or a lack of abandonment during sessions of ardent, spirited and bold sex? Or maybe, you can’t get there and find it incredibly hard to relinquish control?
It’s not something you can’t deal with. As a matter of fact, you can improve upon it AND you can release the fear.
So, don’t beat yourself up over it. Because, that’s how you get started by starting to let go!
Performance anxiety and anxiety by itself, are a lot more common than most care to admit.
In a world where mental diseases can be seen as weaknesses, it’s understandable why we would like to keep them for ourselves. However, more importantly, doing so, can be incredibly damaging.
Therefore, going forward is the way to deal with it. Facing the black ugly monster head on!
When a situation causes anxiety, it’s in other very straightforward words, a situation of fear. Something is scary and the person who suffers from this emotional hell has to fight through it to see something else… something good.
During friendly sex or… passionate love making, one has to abandon himself to the other, and vice versa. That’s the true beauty of sex, sharing ourselves, unconditionally. And when it happens, there’s no need to reduce stress during sexy times! 😉
Stress and anxiety can also have a very real impact on the body. Chronic stress and low blood sugar can release considerable amounts of cortisol – a major steroid hormone. A little cortisol can be a good thing, especially, if one has to make a quick decision in the spur of the moment. However, modifications of consistent levels of cortisol levels, have been associated to mood disorders.
Thus, we do know that there’s a very concrete connection between irregular cortisol levels and disorders such as depression, anxiety, psychological stress and physiological stressors, such as illness, trauma, pain, exertion, temperature extreme variations, fear, etc.
How to Face Stress and Decrease Cortisol Levels then?
Certain physical, physiological and emotional factors can have a direct impact on cortisol levels and as such, they can reduce stress during sexy times.
The following things can be very effective in reducing the levels of circulating cortisol (to help you reduce stress during sexy times):
- Omega-3 fatty acids can only have a direct effect after ingestion. They slightly reduce cortisol release resulting from mental stress. I won’t go into the full scientific explanation here (let’s make this easily understandable) but if you are interested in how some things can improve cortisol levels, go on a certain free online encyclopedia for details! It’s fascinating!
- Magnesium can help to decrease cortisol after aerobic exercise but not after resistance training.
- Music and massage can both be very efficient practices & tools in reducing cortisol levels.Some of the best things can do wonders to our bodies.
- For instance, laughter and humour can effectively lower cortisol levels!
- In a different, rhythm based way, regular dancing has been shown to significantly decrease salivary cortisol levels. If you enjoy dancing, get that body loose!
- Certain adaptogenic substances can also stabilize physiological processes and promote natural body healing (yes, our bodies are amazing). Plants like Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) and Rhodiola Rosea (Siberian Ginseng) can possibly increase stress resistance. Nevertheless, there isn’t much scientific evidence to prove these claims. I have personally have tried both and have had very positive effects with Ashwagandha. Since, most evidence is anecdotal, it’s up to you to try it and make sure to take precautions (i.e. if you take any medication, contact your doc beforehand). However, a study has found that Ashwagandha can improve resistance towards stress and thus, improve quality of life. That sounds promising for the research on adaptogenic plants! (1)
- Vitamin C – or ascorbic acid – in high doses has been shown to reduce circulating levels of cortisol and blood pressure, during and shortly after the treatment. (2)
- Also, reducing caffeine consumption, regulating sleep patterns, improving diet, reducing alcohol and nicotine intake can help improve significantly cortisol levels.
- Moreover, certain practices, such as meditation and yoga, can also alleviate stress and anxiety, by allowing the practitioner to focus on the present moment and meander through is own mind.
How to Reduce Stress During Sexy Times – Inhibition, ED and Performance Anxiety
When the stress is of a sexual nature, the ways to deal with it are very much the same, with an added component. The actual action of engaging can ease this stress. By doing so and if needed, complementing in other areas of lifestyle and mental. You will be able to understand your anxiety, find a copping mechanism to improve your own reaction and then, if you are engaged into the work, live without a crippling anxiety… just the reasonable and occasional life stresses.
This is no magic cure but…it can be life changing!
Many things like Erectile Dysfunction, Performance Anxiety and other conditions can be disastrous when things start to get intimate.
However, with performance anxiety, the problem tends to originate with the conceptions we may have about sex and how those don’t necessarily translate well into reality.
Making love, or even a less romantically inclined version of sex, is a sensual and conscientious act that needs a minimum of two fully participating and engaged actors. That means that both partners have a say and can express themselves with or without words to share what they enjoy.
The key ingredient to making it work is…respect. If you respect yourself and your partner for life or of a night…things can go very smoothly…
Communication, understanding body language (yours and others people), imagination, sharing and humour are all key elements to … have fun!
Consequently, whatever problems you may face today. Know this… you can work on them and you can let go. Just keep on working and quietening your mind.
Moreover, if you need some help, whether it’s professional or coming from a friend or a relative, don’t be afraid to ask and open up. The people who love you and experts can also help you along the way.
Keep the good work mate and you will reduce stress during sexy times (AND most importantly, get rid of it)!
If you struggle with prostate issues, read this on natural alternatives that could prevent you from going the surgical route.
(1) A Prospective, Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of a High-Concentration Full-Spectrum Extract of Ashwagandha Root in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults. K. Chandrasekhar, Jyoti Kapoor, and Sridhar Anishetty. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012.
(2) A randomized controlled trial of high dose ascorbic acid for reduction of blood pressure, cortisol, and subjective responses to psychological stress. Brody S, Preut R, Schommer K, Schürmeyer TH.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002.